This easy to set up plugin comes along with the following features:
- embeds and minifies CSS code
- minifies HTML
- optimizes image loading with deferred loading or lazy loading
- enables browser caching and compression via Apache's .htaccess file directly from the backend
- ready in a few minutes
Check your pagespeed before and after the installation of the plugin and enjoy your optimization results and likely SEO benefits.
Why speed up your website?
In the first place you should have your users in mind: especially in mobile surfing you may loose visitors if your pages take too long to render.
With a fast site you increase usability.
Besides that benefit, your website's speed is one of the many criteria search engines take into account for ranking. So an optimized
website may get a better position in search engine result pages (SERPs) and win more visitors this way.
Both may lead to higher conversions and increases your website's success.
How to speed up your website?
There are many options and factors that influence the pagespeed:
- Configure Joomla! itself well. For example: disable unused plugins, enable server side caching, ...
- Keep your installation up to date as updates often include optimizations of code.
- Host your site on a server that performs well
- Use PHP 7.
- Optimize images where possible, that is to resize images to the actual size needed and to compress them (i.e. using jpeg-recompress).
- Optimize image loading
With Aimy Speed Optimization code optimizations, caching and compression as well as image loading can be activated within a few minutes.